Whether for creating documents, letters, invoices or manuals, the printer is one of the most used equipment in the office. It is therefore essential to have an effective and reliable tool.
Generally, a printer needs to be connected using a cable to a computer or a network and there is the entanglement of cables for sure. But this time is over, with the emergence of wireless printers, it becomes easy and fast to print documents from any device without the presence of a single cable.
This handy guide explains how to easily connect a printer in WiFi from different devices.
- Wireless printer user’s guide
- Set up a WiFi printer
- Take the printer out of the box
- Connect the printer to a power outlet
- Insert the ink cartridges or toners. (Please refer to the printer manual)
- Choose the appropriate connection
You will be able to connect your printer in four different ways:
- Automatic wireless connection
- WiFi protected configuration (WPS)
- The configuration wizard
- Wireless network setup with a USB cable
- Connect a printer in WiFi
You now know how to install a WiFi printer. Now you have to make sure your devices are properly configured. You have to put a printer online, but it must be able to communicate with your various devices, whether your computer, tablet or your phone. You must use the quality printers the according to research best 3D printer under $500 are always the best to use. Never use any cheap printers because those will not give you a 100% output.
- Connect a wireless printer on Windows.
- Open the settings or the control panel of your computer.
- Choose “Devices and Printers”.
- Select “Add a printer”.
- Click on “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
- Select your wireless printer.
- Install the printer driver on your computer.
- Follow the steps of the installation wizard and click on “Finish”
- Connect a wireless printer to a Mac
- Click on the “apple” menu at the top left of the screen
- Click on “System Preferences”
- Select the “Printers and Scanners” icon
- Click on “Add (+)”
- Choose your wireless printer from the list of nearby devices or click on “Add a printer” if your model does not appear If necessary, enter the IP address of your printer.
- Connect a wireless printer to an iPad / iPhone / iPod
1. Open the application from which you want to print
Click on the sharing or configuration icon to access the print options of the application
3. Click on “print”
4. Choose your printer (which supports AirPrint feature) or access your printer by entering the password or IP address of your printer (via a third-party application)
Connect a wireless printer to an Android phone or tablet
Open the settings
Select “Print” and then “Add a service”
Choose the cloud corresponding to the brand of your printer (for example, Samsung, HP …)
Configure the Cloud and enter the password or IP address of your printer as needed
Want to know more about WiFi printing? Take a look at our FAQ for more information.
How does a WiFi printer work?
Like computers and other devices connected to the internet, wireless printers can also connect to a WiFi network. Once the printer is set up and connected to the same network as a PC, laptop or tablet, it will become one of the available print options for this device.
What scope will my wireless printer have?
Just like the Internet, your wireless printer has a limited operating range – for example, if you’re in the room furthest from your printer, you may need to get closer to your machine to be able to print successfully. Other factors may influence the range of your wireless printers, such as the thickness of walls, other wireless devices, or large devices nearby. Check the technical specifications of your wireless printer for the range before acquiring it.
How can I prevent others from connecting to my printer?
The vast majority of wireless printers require an access code or password before they can connect and use them.
Installing a WiFi printer is a lot less complicated than it seems, and it only takes one configuration to be able to print afterward without any problem … And without a cable in sight!
Want to go wireless printing? Browse our range of products and find out which WiFi printer to choose according to your needs.